In the second call of Valorisation Programme of NanoNextNL (December 2015) the following business case was awarded:
LipoCoat is a company dedicated to develop the next generation of biomaterial coatings. LipoCoat has developed innovative coating formulations with anti-fouling and multi-functional properties as well as novel processing techniques.
Coatings resistant towards pollution
Our coatings are inspired by nature, biocompatible and provide unprecedented resistance towards pollution of proteins, bacteria and even human cells. LipoCoat coatings can be tailored to customer requirements and can be applied on most biomaterials. Our coatings can be used on biomaterials, medical devices and on R&D devices.
LipoCoat benefits for your biomaterial of medical devices:
- Excellent anti-fouling properties
- Thin, < 5 nm
- High degree of wetting
- Tailor coating surface charge
- Introduce coating chemical functionalities e.g. NH2, COOH, Biotin
- Design coating bio-activity
- Proprietary technology
- Coating service available
- Biocompatible (ISO-10993 testing)
- No compounds of animal origin
NanoNextNL highlight Lipocoat: Contact lenses as a springboard to more