In the first call of Valorisation Programme of NanoNextNL (May 2015) the following business case was awarded:
VSParticle strives to help those who think beyond the limit and look for new material solutions by making particle generation as easy as the push of a button. VSParticle manufactures desktop nanoparticle generators for research applications using spark ablation technology.
Developed within the TU Delft in the Netherlands, we apply over 20 years of research experience in our nanoparticle generators that produce inorganic particles with a focus on the 0-20 nm size range.
Our generators enable a high degree of control over:
- purity (no contamination of reaction materials/surfactants)
- particle size (monodisperse)
- particle composition (incl. the possibility to mix on nanoscale into nanoalloys).
It is a cost effective and easy (plug and play) way of producing nanoparticles for research applications.
Direct generation of nanoparticles
Instead of offering particles in stabilized liquid or powder, we enable you to make particles direct on location, with the VSP Generator One (VSP-G1).
The VSP-G1 is designed for the easy production of inorganic nanoparticles ranging from a single atom to 20nm in size from non-insulating materials. By adjusting gas flow rate, spark energy and spark frequency, you are able to control the size and production rate.
- Noble metals: Pt, Au, Ag, Ru, Rh, Pd, Ir, W
- Other: Cu, Al, Fe, Mg, Ti, V, Nb, Cr, Mo, Mn, Co, Ni, Zn, Ga, Ge, Si, C, Pb, Ag, Cd, In, Sn, Sb
- Alloys: Inox, Cu-Ni, Cr-Co, Au-Pd, Ag-Pd
- Various oxides and doped materials: upon request
NanoNextNL highlight VSParticle: Nanoparticles to order